Sunday, November 29, 2015

Hobbies

Now here's a topic that everyone can relate to, because everyone has at least one, even if they won't admit it. At some point, you've probably complained to someone else about boredom. Chances are that they'll reply with some form of "read a book", "clean something", or, "get a hobby." Stop and think about this for a moment, and you'll realize that this is remarkably good advice. I happen to have the fortune to have been born into fairly well off family, so I've had the chance to explore many different activities, some of which can be extremely expensive. I currently participate in nordic skiing, and scuba diving as well as other things such as the Junior Classical League. The last of these requires some explanation. The Junior Classical League, or JCL for short, is a fairly large organization of students interested in learning more and carrying on the traditions of the classical civilizations such as the greeks and the romans. Once a year we get together for three days and celebrate the classics, with chariot races and gladiatorial combat and larger than life trebuchets it is a blast. I feel privileged to be able to participate in these kinds of things, and I feel sorry for all the people who don't have these opportunities, and feel scorn for those who do, but let them pass by.

1 comment:

Sridhar said...

You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a self-help blog author and reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Twitter, @selfhelpnemonik