Thursday, November 26, 2015

Entropy And Empathy

For those who don't know, entropy is a measure of disorder. An isolated system will spontaneously proceed towards thermodynamic equilibrium. The equation for entropy can be represented as such, where entropy is represented by ∆ S.

Of course, I don't claim to really know what I'm talking about, and if anyone is reading this, you might be thinking, "why is he blabbing on about entropy, what does entropy have to do with anything?" Well entropy, and especially the image below represents how my life seems to me in the darker moments that I sometimes lapse into. Starting out fine, and then dissolving into nothing.
 That's where this blog comes in. Knowing that someone with similar problems could be reading this helps a lot. I'm sure that everyone has had the experience of waking in a cold sweat from a bad dream, and then being comforted by their mother or father or somebody. I also believe that most people have also had the experience of waking to find that there is nobody to help, to talk to, or to comfort you and tell you that it was all just a dream. That's why I made this blog, so that there could be someone out there, I don't think that there is, but just the possibility that there might be helps enormously. Empathy is a wonderful and powerful thing.

No comments: